is a family of 3G/4G Wireless WAN extenders, designed to integrate with
the FortiGate Connected UTM to provide a secure 3G/4G Wireless WAN
connection for Distributed Enterprise and SMB locations. The tight
integration of the FortiExtender and Connected UTM provides a single
pane of glass for management, as well as security policy enforcement,
reporting and alerting for the Wireless WAN connection.
Connecting to the FortiGate using a standard Ethernet cable,
FortiExtender devices can be physically separated from the FortiGate,
allowing for installation near a window or outdoors to optimize the
3G/4G signal strength. Suitable for use as a secondary failover
connection to the wired WAN link for improved business continuity, or as
a primary WAN link, the FortiExtender provides ultimate flexibility and
choice for your WAN connectivity.
- Flexible Installation – FortiExtender enables the placement of your 3G/4G Wireless modem closer to windows or outdoors to increase signal strength.
- Primary or Secondary WAN Link - Can be used as a primary WAN link or as a secondary failover WAN link to improve business continuity.
- Managed and Secured from the FortiGate – Each
FortiExtender appears as a standard interface on the FortiGate, enabling
centralized management and complete UTM security to be applied to the
3G/4G WAN connection.
- Deep Visibility – Connection status as well as data
usage management and alerts are visible from the FortiGate, allowing you
to monitor the health of your connection and avoid excess data usage
- Power over Ethernet – Installation is quick and simple, with the Power over Ethernet (POE) capability.